Thursday, May 26, 2011

Dave Moore Resigns from SWFWMD


From: Dave Moore
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2011 9:11 AM
To: All_Users
Cc: Dave Moore
Subject: Executive Director Resignation

To all my colleagues and friends at the District:
I would have preferred to meet with each of you personally to convey this news, but sending an email was the only way I could ensure that you would hear this first from me.
I have tendered my resignation as executive director. My 28 years at the District have been incredibly rewarding and it has been a privilege to serve as your executive director for these last 8 years. It is simply time now for me to move on to the next chapter in my life. I’m excited about what the future holds for me, especially the opportunity for additional time with Pam, our kids and grandkids.
One thing we learn in life is that the only constant is change. We succeed by adapting to change and embracing new possibilities. I know that the news of my resignation may cause some anxiety. But it’s important to recognize that you have strong leadership and a solid plan for moving forward. The District is well-prepared to fulfill its responsibilities and protect the water resources while also ensuring a sustainable water supply. I have offered to continue as executive director through the successful transition to the next executive director, so I may be around awhile yet.
I’m incredibly proud of what we’ve accomplished professionally here at the District: developing and implementing management plans for SWUCA and Dover/Plant City; helping to create in the Tampa Bay area one of the most diverse and sustainable water supplies in the world; modernizing the FEMA flood maps and IT systems; continuing improvements in water quality and habitats in our three outstanding estuaries and the springs coast; implementing successful conservation and outreach efforts that can serve as models for others to follow, our land stewardship, and many others.
All of these accomplishments were possible because of you. Whether dealing with droughts, floods, hurricanes, freezes or recessions, you have demonstrated a world-class ability to persevere and succeed, and this state is a better place because of your efforts.
As proud as I am of all our professional accomplishments, most meaningful to me are those personal moments we shared during the course of a day, all the “little” conversations in the lunchroom or the hallways or the parking lots about our prides and joys, our aches and pains, our hopes and our regrets. Sharing both the good times and the bad, helping to bear the burdens and to celebrate the triumphs of life. It’s the personal connections with you that will endure and that I will always treasure.
Always be great!!!
Dave
David L. Moore, P.G.
Executive Director
Southwest Florida Water Management District
2379 Broad Street, Brooksville, FL 34604-6899
352-796-7211, x4604 or 800-423-1476 (FL only)

No comments:

Post a Comment